Sagar Public School, Gandhi Nagar has been established in 2005 by Shri Agrawal Educational and Welfare Society, Bhopal and is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi. It is away from the dissonance and pollution of the city and is spread over six acres of lush green scenic beauty. It offers modern value based education under the able supervision of highly qualified and motivated team of teachers.
- Provides a safe, nurturing, and inclusive environment.
- Empowers the students to become critical and creative learners and independent problem solvers.
- Promotes skill based learning through skill development camps for swimming, sports, art and craft, and performing arts.
- Emphasis on holistic education through humanistic philosophical approach.
- Dedicated and affectionate team of teachers.
- Teaching methodologies are a perfect blend of technology and tradition.
- Excellent Board Results and selections in All India Level Examinations.
- State of the Art- Age appropriate swimming pools and centralised air conditioned auditorium.
- Pure vegetarian food from automated kitchen.
- Values deep rooted: The school aims at imparting value based education to its pupils. We intend to make our students scale new heights in exploring the world of knowledge through observation of the world outside and contemplation of the world within. Strongly entrenched in its values, SPS is a perfect blend of the traditional and the modern approach.
- Inculcating deep faith in Indian values: We endeavour to instil Indian values in our students through our morning assemblies wherein the significance of each festival, important day and event is highlighted. We have yoga classes and meditation sessions in the morning to help children maintain fitness and learn to combat stress.
- Ethical working, no malpractices: The school believes in maintaining transparency in its dealings and is quite conscious as well as sensitive to the guidelines provided by the CBSE and steers clear from any underhand practices.
- Keen on learning and implementing the best: We look for new ideas and innovations across and try to implement the best practices of good schools. Visits to other renowned schools are undertaken to adopt the best practices. (Oundle School, London; Riverside, Ahmedabad; Rishi Valley, Chittoor & Mallya Aditi International School, Bengaluru, are some of the recently visited schools)
- Advisory Board: The school is headed by highly qualified professionals in the top management. The mature guidance of Shri M.G Paranjape, Director Shri Satya Sai Vidhya Vihar, Indore, Air Commodore B.K. Nigam & other educationists, hard work put in by the staff and the students and active & constructive cooperation extended by the parents together have brought the school to a prominent place on the educational map of the town.
- Acknowledgement of hard work: Scholarships and awards are bestowed upon meritorious students to encourage and motivate them. Regular appraisals and honours are given to teachers on the basis of exemplary performance.
- Humanitarian approach, Community Service: An all-inclusive educational policy is followed. “Joy of Giving” is one such initiative undertaken by the school to inculcate the spirit of service before self. Students are taken out in groups to the adjoining areas to help and educate the less privileged ones.
- Competitive salary: The salaries of the employees are competitive and as per the CBSE norms and SPS is one of the best paying schools in Bhopal.
- Open Communication across all the levels: The management can be approached by one and all. The Principal and the staff remain approachable to students and parents for redressal of grievances at all times.
- Decisions: Priority to child followed by staff and then, management-The Child is Supreme, with this motto, the welfare of the child remains our paramount concern in all policy matters.
- Strong bonding between students and teachers: We believe in building good interpersonal relationships. The teachers serve as a guide, friend and facilitator for the pupils.
- Safe and congenial environment for all: The ambience of the school and the work culture here is conducive to learning and makes the school a happy school. It provides a safe environment to all.
- Excellent board results: Board results are 100%, both in X and XII and students have qualified various competitive exams and are successfully enrolled in IIT, NEET,IIHM, CPT, NIFT, IIMS, NLSIU etc.
- Highly qualified and committed teachers: We have an academically proficient and skilled faculty with a few teachers even from the IIT and IIM's rendering their services at the school.
- Meticulous corrections, system of monitoring and sense of ownership: Rectification leads to specialization. Meticulous correction and re-correction is done by the teachers so that the children may learn only the correct things.
- Coordination amongst the parallel teachers: The teachers coordinate well so that all the sections are at par with each other.
- Methodical Planning: Planning leads to progress. So the school insists on methodical planning where teachers maintain their dairies and lesson notes and do prior planning to guide the students in the best possible way under the supervision and guidance of the Head Mistresses and the Principal.
- Regular orientation and training of the teachers: For empowering the teaching staff with latest techniques and for making teaching innovative and interesting regular orientation of the teachers is done by eminent personalities from different fields. The school sponsors teachers who are desirous of enriching their qualifications.
- Good blend of techno based and traditional teaching methods: With Tata ClassEdge installed in almost every classroom, learning has become a fun filled experience as never before but technology is limited to a tool in the teacher’s hand.
- Regular acknowledgements to the achievers: To encourage good work and to inspire others to do the same, the achievers are acknowledged regularly for exceptional effort. Scholarship is given to the meritorious students (up to 100% exemption from tuition fees for classes XI and XII).
- Varied Exposure: The school aims at the holistic development of a child and provides a lot of exposure to them through the different intra and inter school competitions wherein they are given full support and guidance by the teachers to improve their potential.
- Regular assessments on varied parameters: The School keeps itself updated about the latest directives of the CBSE and evaluates the performance of students in accordance with it.
- Plethora of activities embedded in the Annual Plan: School provides a plethora of activities namely literary, cultural as well as sports throughout the year. Students are given training and evaluated on the basis of their involvement and performance. Children are exposed to various educational and recreational tours to slake their thirst for knowledge. A visit to the Jaipur Literary Fest, Delhi Auto Expo, IIT visits and the annual national and international trips are an endeavour in this direction.
- Regular PTMs: For the smooth progress of a child, teacher-parent bonding is a must, so regular PTMs are arranged to keep parents updated with the progress of their children. The school shares a good rapport with the parents. Sagar Sangam is also held on regular basis which is a platform for parents to share their worries with experts and seek counsel.
- Skill Development Camp: In a bid to open the gateways to creativity regular skill building workshops for the students of Classes VI to X are organised. In this workshop, the students are trained on sports, art & craft and performing art skills by the professionals.
- Providing succour to the mind, body & soul: Aerated & spacious classrooms, swimming pool, a voluminous library, labs, inviting playfields for track & field events and a mess providing healthful and nutritious food takes care of the overall development of the students.
- Hobby centres: SPS believes in constantly working towards the upgradation of our knowledge and skills. To cater to varied interests of the students, hobbies like dance, art, craft, painting, music, personality enrichment, culinary, carpentry, etc are nurtured.
- Class strength limited to 40: Limited class strength provides ample scope for individualised attention. An ideal student-teacher ratio, 15:1 is maintained in each classroom.
- Activities: An array of well aligned activities where our pedagogy extends beyond the confines of the classroom has always been a remarkable feature of SPS. The task of inspiring, persuading and monitoring the process of education remains our chief concern.